The East Keilor Evangelical Christian Church came into being in September 1945, when a number of Christian people held meetings each Sunday in Cidwood Hall, Wilson Street, Moonee Ponds, under the name of The Essendon Christian Fellowship. In 1970 the fellowship moved to the East Keilor Community Hall, Quinn Grove, East Keilor, under the name of the East Keilor Evangelical Christian Church.
1977 saw another move to the Keilor Heights High School. The Church then moved to the East Keilor Primary School in 1990. In the month of June 1995 the Church had the tremendous joy and privilege of moving into it's own Church Building situated at 97 Quinn Grove, East Keilor.
The Evangelical Christian Church is a Community Church interested in the needs and welfare of the local community. The Church endeavors to care and communicate concern to those who worship together.